Tele-rehabilitation (Tele-rehab or TR)
Tele-rehabilitation offers one on one physical therapy through an internet enabled device with a camera. These visits are live video sessions to diagnose the exact cause of pain and lost function in joints and muscles. This gives patients the choice to be treated where they want. Patients do not have to visit a clinic to get treatment. Our therapists coach patients every step of the way. They also give information and advice on how to do exercises to bring back function and lessen pain from the injury.
What to Expect
- An email with instructions on how to sign-in will be sent to you before your first visit
- It may be possible to schedule your evaluation within 24 hours of seeing your doctor
- Once the cause of your symptoms is found, you will do exercises to give you more strength, movement and less pain
- Your therapist will teach you how to correctly do each exercise
- The therapists are experienced and board-certified physical therapists
- They specialize in being able to treat and diagnose patients virtually
- Your therapist will give you a home exercise plan with instructional materials
- Your therapist will check on your progress about 24 hours after your first visit
- Exercises will be changed based on your progress
- Your therapist will continue to give one on one coaching during your sessions
- Follow your home exercise program
- Go to all of your appointments
- Make up any missed appointments
- To start tele-rehabilitation, patients must:
- Live within a state where tele-rehabilitation is offered
- Have access to a smart device with internet access
- Internet costs not covered
- Tell your therapist about your:
- How your injury happened
- Tests results
- Job duties
- Other doctor or therapist visits
- What gives you relief from your symptoms
- Your therapist will make a treatment plan for you, which will include short-term and long-term goals
- Your first call will be about 1 hour
- Virtual visits are typically 30 to 45 minutes
- Hours are 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Questions or concerns? Call 866.389.0211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a One Call Representative.
Note: This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have.