2 years ago
Stitching Together a Proactive Plan for Deferred Surgeries
Despite COVID-19’s impact on the workers’ compensation industry, there are proactive steps you can take now to keep injured workers on the road to recovery.
With healthcare currently focused on COVID-19 and emergency needs, any injured worker surgery deemed as “elective” has been put on-hold. There will be a time when COVID-19 restrictions lift and surgeries are rescheduled. You can prepare now by listening to our 45-minute non-credit webinar and reviewing the presentation where our experts, Kim Radcliffe and Kevin Glennon, discuss:
1) Properly addressing injured worker functionality and treating symptoms until surgery:
- Ongoing palliative out-patient physical or occupational therapy at a reduced frequency
- Home ESTIM devices to address swelling, pain and muscle strength
- Importance of mobility devices for function and establishing a home exercise program
- Preventing disruption in home health needs
- Telerehab as an option
2) Importance of proactive care coordination:
- Maintaining communication with injured workers and all involved parties
- Staying connected with MD so surgery can be rescheduled as soon as possible
- Taking care of as many pre- and post-op needs now
Click to view presentation
Our CarePath™ Surgical PathwaySM solution is set up to help manage these deferred cases now. By incorporating a designated Care Navigator and evidence-based guidelines, our team can successfully manage these cases for you, thus helping to reduce fear, stress and anxiety for injured workers and medical and indemnity spend for you.
Contact us to get started today! Email us at email@example.com
For more information about how One Call is responding to the pandemic, please visit our COVID-19 resource page.