One Call Displays Strong Thought Leadership at NWCDC
One Call's well-respected experts will discuss the most innovative topics within the workers’ comp industry at the upcoming National Workers’ Compensation and Disability Conference (NWCDC). The conference will take place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas on Dec. 5-7.
One Call will kick-off its strong thought leadership with Kevin Harried, chief risk offer, who will be presenting: “Healthcare Under Attack: Tools for Combating Insider and Third-Party Cybersecurity Risks” from 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. on Dec. 5.
One Call experts will also be conducting 30-minute discussions at the booth (#6012) on an array of solutions-based topics while demonstrating usage:
RelaySOLUTIONS (RelayRIDE and Relay TRANSLATE)
RelaySOLUTIONS encompasses RelayRIDE, our ride-sharing program, and RelayTRANSLATE, our translation solution. Learn how this technology is disrupting workers’ comp by solving some of the biggest problems in the industry: missed appointments and communication breakdowns.
- Linda Colsen, National Product Leader, Transport & Translate
- Dec. 5 at 2 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 1 p.m.
Telerehab is a high-quality, virtual physical therapy program accessible from anywhere, during extended hours, just by logging on through a smartphone or internet-enabled device with a video camera. This convenient solution puts injured workers on the road to recovery while eliminating the need to visit a brick-and-mortar clinic.
- Michelle Despres, National Product Leader, Physical Therapy
- Dec. 5 at 2:30 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Telehealth and Biopsychosocial Solution
The Biopsychosocial Solution demonstrates how the psychosocial factors have just as much to do with healing and recovery as does the physical. We combine that with a suite of technology-based telehealth solutions to provide individualized, holistic treatment of injured workers.
- Sean Sullivan, Sr. Director of Product Management; Kim Radcliffe, SVP, Clinical Operations
- Dec. 5 at 3 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 11 a.m.
CarePath Solutions are patient-centric recovery paths that are developed based on injury type. This predictive model focuses on early intervention and integrated solutions to provide optimal outcomes for injured workers.
- Zack Craft, National Product Leader, Durable Medical Equipment & Complex Care; Kim Radcliffe, SVP, Clinical Operations
- Dec. 5 at 3:30 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 11:30 a.m.
Opioid Reduction and Pain Management
The nature of workers’ compensation injuries lends itself to a high propensity for reported pain and ultimately, opioid use and abuse. Learn more about One Call’s Pain and Opioid Reduction Initiative that addresses the issue by combining data analytics, clinical excellence and practical alternative programs.
- Eric Patten, National Product Leader, Diagnostics; Kevin Glennon, National Product Leader, Home Health & Complex Care; Michelle Despres, National Product Leader, Physical Therapy; Sean Sullivan, Sr. Director of Product Management
- Dec. 5 at 4 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 10 a.m.
Provider Outcomes and Analytics
Representatives from Harbor Health Systems, a One Call Company, will discuss how to build a high-quality provider network. Learn how to utilize the best providers to lead the way to better outcomes and lower costs.
- Andy Rymer, VP of Operations; Linda Lane, President; Jeff Watrobsky, VP of Quality Process Management
- Dec. 5 at 4:30 p.m.; Dec. 6 at 1:30 p.m